How do I get a dormitory place?

Responsible for the allocation of rooms in the dormitories is the department of student housing with its headquarters in 17489 Greifswald, Bahnhofstraße 44 b and its respective offices in Neubrandenburg and Stralsund.


Eligible for accommodation in the student residences administered by the Studentenwerk Greifswald are regular students of the University of Greifswald as well as the universities of Neubrandenburg and Stralsund. Students from other universities who are registered as guest or secondary students are also entitled to live here.

The allocation of places in the halls of residence only takes place upon application. The application can also be made without presenting a certificate of enrolment or admission. There is no guarantee of a place in a hall of residence when the application is made. The "chances of success" in the allocation of the places in the halls of residence are determined on the one hand by the number of free places in the halls of residence at the beginning of the semester and on the other hand by the application date. Students with disabilities as well as students with children will be given preference in a hall of residence.

Student Housing application