Jobbing and studying

Students can pursue employment alongside their studies in the following forms:


  • Marginal employment (450 € - job),
  • More than marginal employment,
  • Jobbing during the semester break
  • Work as a self-employed/freelancer.

Depending on the type and extent of employment alongside studies, there are different regulations and contribution levels regarding


  • Health and nursing care insurance,
  • unemployment insurance,
  • Pension insurance and
  • Taxes.

Detailed information on the individual forms of employment and the regulations for students can be found on the website of the Deutsches Studentenwerk (DSW).

For further questions, please contact the social counselling service of the Studentenwerk Greifswald.